Have You Been on a Farmcrawl?
What is a farmcrawl? Hamilton Farm families invite you to tour and learn about their farms! 2017 marks the 6th year FarmCrawl Hamilton has organized a summer of tour events at local farms! The calendar of summer tours includes animals, flowers, garden plants, food, honey, weaving, wine. Check the calendar at farmcrawlhamilton.ca
Family farmers enjoy teaching others about their life, work and products. You will have hands-on experience that isn’t available any other way. Hamilton people support the “farm to table” movement and appreciate the opportunity to chat with the neighbors who grow their food and see the “farm part” up close and personal!
Which Farms Participate?
The nonprofit Farmcrawl Hamilton’s website has descriptive profiles of each participating farm in addition to the calendar of events. Tickets are available online. The ticket price covers the modest Crawl marketing costs. Here is a sample list of possible tour sites:
- Jerry’s Berries – growing delicious red raspberries.
- Ballantrae Garlic Farm – growing several varieties of Heritage organic garlic.
- Chickabee Farm – establishing a permaculture (find out what this is).
- The Perfect Christmas Tree – growing Christmas Trees.
- Manorun – growing mushrooms among other crops
- Ridge Road Estate Winery – making wine.
- Alpacas from Eighth and Mud – raising and shearing alpacas for yarn and clothing.
- Heart’s Content Organic Farm – organic veggies.
- Lotsa Hostas – hearty perennials.
- Myers Apple Farm @ Hwy 52 and Governors Rd – apples for sure.
- Dyment’s Farm Market – produce and pie.
- Weir’s Lane – Lavender and Apiary