Ancaster Heritage Village…a special pleasure to visit!
Come and see for yourself this charming local shopping area set amidst unique historic architecture and rich cultural heritage. Ancaster residents and visitors alike appreciate the pedestrian friendly vibe with green spaces and welcoming local shops.
Heritage and History is Here!
You can take a walking tour highlighting the stories of 37 preserved historic homes and commercial buildings dating back as far as the 1820s. The beautiful Fieldcote Park gardens are open to all and are pesticide-free. The Fieldcote Museum (64 Sulphur Springs Rd) offers summer concerts, art exhibits and treasures of local heritage and history.
Village Shopping is Welcoming and Inspiring!
- Shoes, clothing, eyewear? —Today’s fashions are here!
- Decorating your home?—A wide selection of artwork, framing, accessories will inspire!
- Hair and Nails?—Our shops pamper and renew!
- Knitting and sewing?—Helpful people, beautiful shops, and extensive supplies inspire creativity!
- Specialty shops?—computer products, bicycles, exercise equipment, trophies, cars.
Ancaster has Live Musical Theatre!
The Old Firehouse Arts Centre is home to ongoing productions of musical theatre, as well as, the HASJB aka the Hamilton All Star Jazz Band. Theatre audiences are in for a treat!
Ancaster has Health Services, Too!
The Village has professional offices including dentist, chiropractor, doctors, orthodontist, physical therapist, natural therapy, massage, and cat care.
Come for the Heritage Village Food!
- Farm to Table fine dining in historic venues.
- Chinese, Indian and Italian cuisine…just some of the options.
- Easy Casual Choices include pizza, sandwiches, salads, quiche.
- Snacks and treats—delicious bakery treats, cookies and ice cream.
- Daily fresh-baked bread.
Year Round Special Events!
The weekly Wednesday Farmers Market runs from June to early October at 37 Halson Street. Summer concerts, parades, celebrations and holiday events are part of the Heritage Village experience. ancasterheritagevillage.com
Ancaster Village is a BIA…what’s that?
Ancaster Heritage Village is an officially designated Business Improvement Area in Hamilton. Local Ancaster business people joined together forming a BIA in commitment to their community and service to local residents and visitors.